Williams Environmental is always on the lookout for motivated individuals to come join our team!
If you’re a recent school leaver or graduate seeking an entry level role, an experienced yard operator, or a van driver, please send your C.V’s here.
We are in a period of expansion, so often will have specific roles we are actively seeking to fill. These vacancies can be found below, and will be shared on our social media pages. You’re more than welcome to follow us to stay in the loop as new opportunities arise, and keep up to date with Williams.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity!
Williams Environmental are looking for a Site Chemist to assist in our Waste Management Operations based in Silvertown, London, E16.
Working primarily onsite, we are looking for a hands-on individual who enjoys being outdoors and are comfortable working in all weathers.
As a Site Chemist, you will be packing / re-packing chemicals both onsite, and on Customer Premises when required.
You will also be called on to provide technical and safety guidance on the receiving, handling, and containment of Chemical and General waste, to ensure compliance with the legal, heath and safety, and site licensing requirements.
Typical duties of your role include:
- Inspection of loads against transport documentation.
- Classification of dangerous substances.
- Input orders and raise job paperwork on occasion.
- Segregate, pack and label chemicals into compatible combinations for safe storage and transport.
- Working on customer sites to list and pack chemicals.
- Classify waste chemicals with EWC codes and ADR labels, as required.
- Supervision of the safe loading of vehicles with hazardous materials.
- Sampling of waste for checking and analysis.
- Provide assistance to, and perform Yard Manager duties, if required.
- Manage onsite waste stocks and keep appropriate records.
- Raise lists of wastes for transport off site to disposal points.
- Occasionally assist with the pricing of wastes.
At a minimum, candidates must:
- Hold a degree in Chemistry.
- Have a sound understanding of chemical compounds, with some knowledge of their inter-reactions.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be comfortable taking initiative and working alone, as well as contributing to the team.
- Able to work safely, and set this example to others.
- Able to communicate well with others.
- Computer literate, with a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel.
This role would suit a recent graduate looking for a career within the waste management industry. Prior experience within the industry is favourable, but not required, as full training and support will be given.
Please send your C.V. here if interested. We would love to hear from you!